7 days Uganda Safari featuring Mount Elgon combining, Sipi Falls hike and white water rafting at the source of the river Nile in Jinja. Mount Elgon is a 4,321m high extinct volcano which in prehistoric times stood taller than Mount Kilimanjaro does today. Hike to the Wagagai peak on this 7 Days Complete Circuit Trail while enjoying the spectacular scenery on this oft-neglected and relatively undemanding mountain. Also there is a variety of forest monkeys and small antelope, along with elephants and buffaloes and over 300 birds including many species not recorded elsewhere in Uganda
Day 1: Transfer to Mbale, Budadiri Tourism Center
Day 2: Hike to Sasa Camp (2,900m)
Day 3: Hike from Sasa to Mude Camp (3,500m)
Day 4: Hike from Mude Camp to Wagagai Peak (4321m)
Day 5: Descend from Mude Camp to Budadiri. Stay at Lacam Lodge
Day 6: Return Trip to Kampala
Day 1- Transfer to Mbale – Budadiri Tourism center
Day 2- From Budadiri to Sasa Camp (2.900m)
In the morning you reach Budadiri (1250 m), nearby Mbale town, at the gate of the Mount Elgon national Park. After arranging the guide and porters, with food and camping gear, you start walking to Sasa River Camp (2.900m) for the dinner and overnight. The distance is about 8 km. and takes average 7 to 8 hours walk. Altitude in a day: 1.700m.
Day 3- From Sasa camp to Mude Camp (3.500m)
After breakfast at the camping site, proceed through the forest to Mude Cave Campsite for dinner and overnight. It will take you 4 to 5 hours walk to reach the campsite. Altitude of the day: 600m.
Day 4- From Mude Camp to Wagagayi Peak (4321 m) and return to MudeAfter breakfast you walk through the moorland zone up to the main peak, Wagagai, and return to the Mude campsite for dinner and overnight. The distance is 8 to 9 hours walk Altitude of the day: 820m.
Day 5: From Mude Camp back to Sippi Falls camp
After break fast, connect to Sippi falls found in Kapchorwa, north of Mbale. Camp at the Sipi Rest Camp or lacam Lodge.
Day 6: Sipi Falls exploration Transfer to Jinja.Take a tour around the beautiful sipi falls, visit the caves and later transfer to Jinja.
Day 7: Rafting at Bujagali falls and Transfer to Kampala
You will have an early morning beakfast and then transfer to Bujagali water falls for white water rafting.
You will then take part in the rafting which gives a deep feeling of how uganda is surely gifted by nature. In the afternoon, you will transfer back to Kampala marking the end of the trip.
END OF THE TOUR
PRICES for our tours
In order to process your booking request, please fill out the ENQUIRY/BOOKING FORM
Please take into account:
* In some of our programs and add-ons, the rates vary according to the number of persons and travel date.
* This is no definitive reservation of our tours. This is due to that most of our reservations are based on availability of gorilla permits. A sales representative will contact you afterwards to confirm your booking, the total price and sort out any questions or special requests you may have.
* If you experience any problems using this booking form, you may also use our CONTACT FORM to get in touch with us.
Please Note :
- Special offers may be available on this trip.Special rates are available for different seasons.
- VAT is included at the applicable rate, and we make no service charge.
- Group rates are available for parties of 4 or more people. Please inquire or telephone for rates.
- We accept payments preferably in US Dollars. Small Bills (1 -20) attract a lower rate. For payments in other currencies, currency exchange rates vary daily & we always calculate them accurately using the most current international banking data available.
We accept wire transfers and credit card payments. Payment by credit card is subject to a surchage of 5%